Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mask Design



             This is my mask. For this assignment, we were required to create a mask that showed an emotion. I chose to make my mask silly. We made our masks using paper maché and tempera paint. While constructing my mask, I decided if it was going to show a silly emotion, it had to look silly. So, I decided to add funny features such as a snout, tounge, and oversized cheeks, and squiggly eyebrows. I used yellow to paint the majority of the face to show happiness. For the eyebrows, cheeks, lips, and tounge, I used bright colors as well. I think the hardest part of this assignment was the construction. It was hard to get the image in my mind to transfer to the mask. I wanted to look silly, not distorted. Overall, I wish I would have spent a little more time on the construction and maybe done a better job painting, but I think I displayed the emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment