Sunday, June 1, 2014

Creative Challenge: Transportation


                   This is my transportation creative challenge. The assignment for this was to display a form of transportation using any type of medium. I chose to draw pieces of dandelion blowing away in the wind. For my mediums I used green tempera paint for the grass, oil pastel for the sunset, and puffy paint for the dandelion and the wind. At first it was very hard to find an idea. After I settled on this one, I tried to connect to it. For me the pieces of dandelion blowing in the wind represent me going out on my own. This year I did a lot of thinking on my own, away from friends. But this picture could connect to anyone, maybe someone going off to college and leaving everything behind. The hardest part was the sunset. I wanted it to look warm and welcoming so I used yellow, orange, and pink. When I was creating it, it was hard to blend the different oil pastels together and still make it look good. Even though it took me a little while, I like the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment