Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Creative Challenge: Messages



 

               For this creative challenge, I drew a girl looking into a mirror that said, "Warning: Reflection's in this mirror may be distorted by society's idea of 'beauty.' " This shows the message that the world is changing what we think of ourselves by putting out examples of what is "perfect." And if we don't match up to that when we look into the mirror, we think we're ugly. The writing in the mirror is telling the girl that what she sees is based off of "society's idea of 'beauty.' " No one is perfect. I think the reason I chose this is because I can relate to it. For the medium, I used colored pencils, which were nice because they were erasable. The thing I could have worked on was making the letters look all the same, like you would see while typing. But, I really did enjoy this assignment and I am happy it turned out this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment